Honoring those from St. Charles County that served in Desert Shield and Desert Storm. The museum features stories from many that served.
Today, 17-JAN 2021 marks the 30th anniversary of the beginning of Desert Storm. After the Iraqi invasion and occupation of Kuwait, the United Nations (UN) Security Council demanded withdrawal by 15-JAN 1991. Otherwise, Member States would be authorized to “use all necessary means” to expel Iraqi forces from Kuwait. On 16-JAN when the deadline passed with no action from Iraq, President George H. W. Bush announced the start of what would be called Operation Desert Storm.
There were eleven Missourians that died during Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm. Five of them from Metro St. Louis.
- P03 David Alan Gilliland – Navy, Warrensburg MO
- SA Alexander Jones – Navy, St. Louis MO
- LT William Thompson Costen – Navy, St. Louis MO
- LT Patrick Kelly, Connor – Navy, Columbia MO
- CW3 Richard, Ruffin Lee – Army, Independence MO
- CPL Scott Francis Bianco – Marine Corp, Troy MO
- SPC Steven Paul Farnen – Army, Columbia MO.
- SPC Steven Robert Trautman – Army, Houstonia MO
- SPC Philipp Dean Mobley – Army, Blue Springs MO
- SPC David Lawrence Heyman – Army, Hazelwood MO
- PFC Gerald Anthony Cohen – Army St. Louis MO
God Bless all those who serve.